Fanrpan invites you(th) to
give your input into the recommendations they will present to the Africa
Agriculture Ministers, towards a stronger Comprehensive Africa
Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
Get a voice; Take action! click here
Call for Applications: Global Food Security Symposium 2014 Next Generation Delegation
ABOUT THE DELEGATIONConvened annually by The Chicago Council, the Global Food Security Symposium discusses the US government and international community’s progress on addressing global food and nutrition security.
The Next Generation Delegation program was launched in 2013 to provide an opportunity for promising students to engage in symposium discussions and to interact with policy, civil society, and business leaders working on agriculture, food, and nutrition issues.
The Global Food Security Symposium 2014 will focus on adapting food and nutrition systems to climate change. It will be held May 22, 2014, in Washington, DC.
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Attend the symposium.
- Participate in symposium discussions via social media.
- Interact with symposium speakers and senior attendees in private forums.
- Connect with other outstanding students planning careers in the global agriculture, food, and nutrition sectors.
Delegates are expected to:
- Attend all symposium-related events in Washington, DC, from May 21-22, 2014. The Chicago Council will cover airfare, accommodations, and meal expenses.
- Describe their research and career aspirations related to global agriculture, food, and nutrition issues through a posting on The Chicago Council’s Global Food for Thought blog.
- Participate in a video interview to be filmed the day of the symposium.
DELEGATE CRITERIAStudents must be at the graduate or advanced undergraduate (third or fourth year) level studying agriculture and food policy; public policy or administration; agricultural science; nutrition; or other science, technology, engineering, and math disciplines and must plan to enter the agriculture and food sector upon graduation. International students and students studying at universities outside of the United States are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLYInterested applicants should submit the following to CaSandra Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2014 Next Generation Delegation":
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or employer
- An essay explaining their interest in the program (no more than 500 words)
- A recent headshot (in JPG or PDF format)